DSC_0017

Primers are one of my least favorite makeup items to buy. They are usually more expensive and I haven’t really found many that live up to my expectations, but when I discovered this two from The Ordinary all that changed.

DSC_0059

High-Adherence Silicone $4.90

“This formula uses advanced adaptive silicones to act as a matte, hydrating, blurring primer for makeup that looks higher in definition and adheres for longer. The formula can also be used alone as a non-greasy hydrator that reduces the looks of pores and of imperfections.”

This works great for a matte finish that is a bit more high impact. It creates a barrier between your skin are your foundation with help give a more flawless finish.

I do have one problem with this primer and that is that it is not great for dry skin, it has a tendency to make to make any dry skin look more pronounced. So think this would be a great primer for someone with oily skin, as it is mattifying.

DSC_0061

High-Spreadability Fluid Primer $7.90

“This new generation of primer is a lightweight serum-like formula that increases the spreadability of subsequent complexion makeup to help avoid the unnatural and uneven accumulation of pigments especially around the eyes and on dry skin. The formula also acts as a light, non-oily surface hydrator for a natural dewy look.”

This primer is perfect for spring, it’s lightweight and refreshing, it sinks into your skin and feels silky smooth.

his one is definitely my favorite of the two, it works so well for a dewy summery makeup and it feels light and comfortable on. I’m starting to run low so I really need to repurchase it. I ordered one for my sister but forgot to get another one for me.

DSC_0023

Final Thoughts

Both of these are really good primers and I would highly recommend either of them. However, I don’t think they are both compatible for all skin types, so you do have to be aware of that and decide which is best for you. Like I said the Fluid Primer is my favorite and it’s going to be a staple in my spring and summer makeup routine.

What do you think of these primers?

Anna.

Comparing The Ordinary Foundations      The Ordinary Haul & Review

Advertisements

12 thoughts on “Comparing The Ordinary Primers

1. beautyfromkatie says:

I’ve been curious about both of these primers, such a helpful post! I definitely want to pick up the Fluid Primer x

Liked by 1 person

2. I’m not a primer person really. I don’t own one and never really found one that changed my make up but I’ve heard great things about this brand!

Liked by 1 person

3. Nicole says:

Aw I love primers! I bought the silicone one here and it gave me the worst breakouts I’ve had in ages! My skin was inflamed and red raw 😦

Liked by 1 person

1. I’m so sorry that happened to you!

4. I didn’t know they did two different primers! Never heard of the Fluid Primer before. It’s great that they cater for everyone.
    I can confirm that the High Adherence silicone primer is great for oily skin types like me. I absolutely love it!

Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

Liked by 1 person

5. Jordan says:

I really wanted to love the Fluid Primer but I just couldn’t get it to work for me! x

Jordan Alice

Liked by 1 person

6. Aimee says:

The fluid one seems lovely, i’m all for a dewy makeup look, especially this time of year! x

Liked by 1 person

7. Nina says:

This silicon primer will probably not work for my dry sensitive skin, but the other one sounds great. Loved your white nails.

Nina’s Style Blog

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks Nina! It’s the Sally Hansen Argan polish the color is Well, Well, Well.

8. I actually tried this silicone primer and didn’t really like it because it did nothing for my dry skin so I’m definitely tempted to try the other one

9. Jasmine says:

I just repurchased the High-Spreadability – it’s so good!

Jasmine xx