DSC_0057A couple of weeks ago I did a post talking a little about how I’m redoing my room and a lot of you said that you would like to see some of my projects along the way. So far the only actually work I have done is redoing my dresser and nightstand, but that was a big project, so I thought it would be fun to write up a little post to show you how my dresser looked before and how it looks now.

A couple of years ago I painted my dresser a dark blue-grey color, and the paint I used must not have been a very good quality one because the paint started to peel very soon after I have finished.

This, unfortunately, meant that I needed to scrape off the old paint before I could repaint it. This took me a good three or four hours between scraping the old paint off and sanding the whole dresser to make it an even surface, I had to do this to the drawers as well as the body of the dresser.

Once I got all of the loose paint off, I sanded it and wiped it down with a damp cloth to remove any dust, after that it was finally time to start painting. I did two coats of a white primer, the one I used was designed to help hide any imperfections so it was perfect for this project as my scraping skills are very imperfect.

After applying the two coats of the primer, I finally got to add the color! I use a Valspar paint in the color tender Shell, it’s a beautiful light peachy pink color.

I ended up doing three coats of the paint on the whole dresser, but I’m so happy with how it looks now. I love the lighter color and now I wish I had repainted it sooner, the light pink makes it feel smaller which in turn makes my room feel bigger.

Well, that’s it for today’s post!

14 thoughts on “Redoing My Dresser

1. KimandMakeup says:

Love the color you chose! 🙂

2. Cristal Designs says:

Came out really nice!! I love how well you matched the surroundings of it as well

3. olivia says:

OOO it looks so nice! I love diy posts!

4. QuiteMad says:

That colour is stunning, it really suits you and your personality! Great post xx

5. I’m so into all things interior at the moment because I’ve just redecorated my bedroom. This looks lovely! xx

6. Array says:

Awesome colour

7. It looks so cute! I love the blue mirror, adds a lovely pop of colour!

8. looks lovely! the prep takes ages doesn’t it but it’s really worth it in the long run

Hannah @ The Northern Writes | http://www.thenorthernwrites.co.uk

9. Amy says:

Wow it came out lovely! You did a great job! I need to do this to my furniture 😍

10. Love this, that colour is lovely xx

Jamie | http://www.jamies-corner.com

11. Anna says:

Gosh, you’re so handy! Very impressed by you doing this yourself. Love the colour too, very pretty xx

12. Looks lovely, I redid one of my tables- scraping the paint off this must have taken some perseverance – well done!